Our Bus Pick Up
We understand that many parents are concerned about their children being picked up from school and taken to Inspire – and that’s a perfectly normal way to feel.
At Inspire we take this responsibility very seriously.
Below we have provided details about our bus pick up service that we hope will put your mind at ease.
If you have any additional questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 665 275.
- Inspire owns and maintains a fleet of buses which include 12, 14, 22 and 25 seat buses.
- The buses are well-maintained and are inspected every 6 months by Service NSW (formerly RMS).
- Our buses have GPS tracking and 2 way cameras installed – allowing us to monitor drivers.
- Our buses have seat belts and booster seats for children under 7 years old.
Collecting Children From School
- Inspire speaks to each school and conducts a risk assessment to identify the safest area to park the bus and pick up children.
- Each school has a ‘designated pick up area’ and this is marked on a map of the school (contact us if you need a copy of your school’s map)
- Inspire works with individual schools to determine which ones need us to pick up children from their classroom (eg Kindy kids)
- Our staff are trained in how to safely pick up the kids and supervise them waiting for the bus, walking to the bus and getting on and off the bus.
- Our staff are easy to identify. They wear an orange safety vest, a name badge, and they carry an Inspire flag. At large or busy schools they also have a bell and a walking rope.
- Our staff all have a clip board containing a list of the children they are picking up and documented procedures they must follow if a child is not at the designated pick up area.
- Inspire has a dedicated ‘bus hotline’ that staff can contact if they encounter any problems.
- All children are marked off the list before Inspire leaves the school.
How Parents Can Help
- At enrolment your child will be issued with a bag tag which indicates the days they are attending Inspire – please put this on their bag in a visible location.
- Please make sure your kids know what days they are coming to Inspire (remind them in the morning).
- If your child is absent from school or they aren’t attending Inspire, please notify Inspire by 1pm on 1300 665 275 or at firstname.lastname@example.org Please understand that failing to notify us places our staff under enormous stress – they are trying to find your child while supervising other children and of course, they are very worried about the whereabouts of your child. Please remember to contact us.